In the next couple of weeks we will be doing some updates to our home & I couldn't be more excited. I hope you will join me on this journey and pick up some tips to renew your spaces.
This week I want to share with you a few quick and easy tips that can be implemented in any area of your home. These small changes can make you fall in love all over again.
1. Change out your throw pillows. This is your chance to go for something a little brighter. You can swap them out seasonally to completely change the look of your room without going bankrupt.
2. Paint an accent wall. This tip is highly debated by many, yet I think it is because most people don't understand them-or the power of paint. Accent walls are a way to bring life and interest to gloomy rooms without the investment in total room color. You have the option to go bold
or subtle. Here are two examples:
3. Swap it like it's hot.... Change out those lamp shades! If your base has good "bones," but the shade has seen better days, replace the shade with a new one. Doing this is less expensive than purchasing a complete whole set.
4. Change out basic light fixtures. In most homes builders go the cheap route because they receive package deals. Changing out these fixtures are easy & can also be done if you are a renter. Just make sure to keep the original fixtures, so that you can change them back when you move.
5. Hang a mirror opposite a window. The reflection will create the illusion of more light in your space.
Whether you incorporate 1 or all 5, these home decor ideas can provide an instant update to the space you call home.